"Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing"
~Author Unknown

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Primitive ornaments SAL - Oh, bring us a figgy pudding

It is the 15th of the month once again. Can you believe that Christmas is so close now? If you have not started the ornaments, there is still plenty of time. These ornaments only take a day each to make.

Since I was young, I always had one foot in England and the other in America. I was even told once by my English mum that I was a Yorkshire lass which is why I could make Yorkshire pudding. *grins* My English mum is my mother's best friend from her childhood. She is a sweet little Yorkshire lass herself. I thought I needed to put a little English tradition among the ornaments and what better way to do that than with figgy pudding?


To print the chart, simply click to enlarge and either copy to an email or Word.

Hetty has sent me a couple of photos. She does not blog but we keep in touch via emails. She found my blog and started contacting me about a year ago. I am learning more and more that we have things in common like a love of all things Christmas! Here is her Elf's Work ornament...

...and here a basket filled with all her ornaments completed waiting for the Christmas tree.

Letty also finished her Elf's Work ornament. She has stitched up a good number of ornaments this year so I am sure her tree will be a sight to behold.

Is anyone else getting itchy fingers to start decorating for Christmas or is it just this little elf feeling like I need a little Christmas???

20 comments:

Margaret said...

Another adorable ornament Heidi.

Here the Halloween & autumn decorations are gracing the house. Not quite ready for the Christmas decorations yet.

Will email you soon and hopefully we can all get together at my home in the not to distant future.

Enjoy you downtime with DH these next few days.

hugs, Margaret

Fluitenkruid said...

Wat zijn ze leuk geworden Heidi. Ja, door zo'n post gaat het wel kriebelen hoor. groetjes jannet

Brigitta said...

Why oh why didn't I start these ornaments. Oh wait, that would be because I have so many projects already LOL.
I'll be getting back to you about the German places tonight!

Hugs
B.

Maggie said...

I really must get a move on and stitch some more of your ornaments Heidi, they are lovely, thank you :-)
Don't Hetty's look great sitting in that basket? he tree will look spendid i'm sure!
Take care

Heleen said...

Al helemaal mooi in de kerstsfeer! echt prachtig.

DonnaTN said...

Another great ornament! Seeing all of Hetty's makes me want to hunt out the charts I have printed and get to work! Thanks for sharing your ornaments!

Christine said...

I love, love, love the figgy pudding ornament, it has jumped straight in at number one on my must stitch list! Thank you for sharing the chart

Kaaren said...

Although I love Christmas and it is my favorite time of the year, I still can't let go of autumn just yet. There are still leaves on the trees and the grass is still green although we have had frost the last three nights.

My fall decorations usually stay stay out til at least mid November and then out come the Christmas stuff soon thereafter. It'll be here before we know it.

Another gorgeous little ornament, Heidi. Thanks for sharing.

Daffycat said...

I love it! Thank you for yet another wonderful freebie, Heidi!

mainely stitching said...

Another charming ornament that I must stitch ASAP. Though given my current state of frenzied packing, ASAP may be a bit in the future. LOL. Thank you for sharing yet another delightful bit of Christmas with us!

Letty said...

O jee, is het alweer de 15e van de maand, de tijd vliegt! Wat een schattig ornamentje, yummy!

angelasweby said...

Yippee, did I guess Christmas pudding, I think so...haha! I love it Heidi, it's just oozes Christmas flavour and atmosphere and yours is one of the yummiest I've seen.
It's positively inspired AND inspiring. Now wonder clever stitchers have created such pretty ornaments from your designs...now, let me think...I wonder what;s next :>)
Hugs Angela

onlymehere said...

I'm loving this English twist on Christmas! I hope all is well there. I've been under the weather and haven't been up to much sewing or anything else lately. I'm finally feeling better and hope to be sewing soon. Life is quite busy right now, but I guess everyone's is this time of year. I'll talk to you soon. Cindy

Pondside said...

I love your figgy pudding! Every year my mum sends me a real one - as plump as your stitched pudding.

Nancy said...

I almost forgot you set this to come on. This one is so cute, and brings back memories of the first time I met Marlene and we were at her house for Chistmas. We have been pen pals since we were eight years old, and that is a longgggggg time.
All of your ornaments are great. Hope you are having fun at the cottage.
Love you, Mom

Anne said...

I just found your blog via craft gossip. Love this ornament! I think I'd like to try making this...

anneke said...

thanks for another great ornament. Maybe I even begin with one of them...

Anonymous said...

I've just bought a red robin cross-stitch kit on eBay ~ don't know whether I will have time to start it this year, let alone finish it before Christmas! It is an English robin ~ not one of those enormous American ones!!!

Marie x

Cindy's Stitching said...

The ornaments are really nice. Love the figgy pudding.

tijerasycuchara said...

I like your work, it is beautiful
I congratulate
good bye
Josefina
tijerasycuchara.wordpress.com