"Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing"
~Author Unknown

Friday, December 24, 2010

Here comes Santa Claus!

Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, right down Santa Claus Lane
Vixen and Blitzen and all his reindeer pulling on the reins
Bells are ringing, children singing, all is merry and bright
Hang your stockings and say your prayers 'cause Santa Claus comes tonight.

Yes and just in time! I finished my Santa Button sampler yesterday. It needed a night to let the glue set before I could reveal my finish...

I used green buttons to match a color green thread used and also had this frame in my stash which worked really cute with this design. I found out that it was not a regular frame so I had to think of a way to make it work. I made a top half of a pinkeep and glued it into the opening. You can find my step by step pinkeep instructions here on this old blog. I left the instructions there as I often hear the people are still using them.

I hope your Christmas eve is full of wonder and magic as well as a little needlework. I am going to start my needlework 12 Days of Christmas as of tomorrow. If you can join me, please do.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

20 comments:

natalysneedle said...

Love your finish! Your creativity abounds. Its beautfiul.

Catherine said...

How cute! I love it when you can make a frame that you already have work!

Merry Christmas!

Deborah said...

Great finish! Have a wonderful Christmas.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Santa looks so nice. Merry Christmas

Daniƫlle said...

JIPPIEEE just in time!! Lovely! Have a Merry Christmas with the ones you love! XXXD

Nancy said...

Well that sure came out cute, and I love the way you framed it. The buttons sure do match too.
Have a wonderful Christmas, and remember you have a Christmas Eve present to open.
Love you, Mom

Anneke said...

your finish worked out great, it's lovely. as an American in Holland, you celebrate christmas with gifts I guess?

Karen said...

That is beautiful! Need to add that one to my list....I love the way you finished it.

Hope you have a great Christmas.

Christine said...

Great finish!
Have a very Happy Christmas

Pondside said...

Merry Christmas, Heidi!
I'm still knitting and when I get tired of that, working on a Christmas tree silhouette in cross stitch. There's always a beautiful pattern waiting, and this time of year is perfect for stitching.

Saskia said...

Lovely as always! and a needle work 12 day's before Christmas?? Why did I not know about that?? and is your first piece of NOEL already finished...?
I'm with the O almost done, so only the E and L, but I don't think that will be done soon though.
Have a perfect Christmas eve and Christmas day. Knuffels
Saskia

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful Christmas finish.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Dutchquiltster said...

Perfect Heidi zoals altijd.Jammer he dat je het over 14 dagen weer op moet ruimen.Maar dan beginnen we weer aan andere leuke projecten.Merry Christmas.
Joke.

Daffycat said...

Merry Christmas, Heidi!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the way you finished this! Happy Holidays!

Jeanne said...

Wonderful holiday finish Heidi! Enjoy these special days warm and cozy in your new home. :)

Margaret said...

Looks great Heidi.

Wishing you and Jos a Blessed Christmas in your new home.

hugs, Margaret

angelasweby said...

Congratulations on this lovely finish Heidi. He's ready just in time to go on his travels. The buttons are really pretty.
Enjoy Christmas in your beautiful new house.
Angela xx

Susan in SC said...

What a lovely finish and just in time for Christmas! Beautiful work as usual!! Merry Christmas!

DonnaTN said...

Merry Christmas Heidi! Your Santa Button Sampler is as cute as ... a button!