"Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing"
~Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Practice makes perfect...

Well, that is the old saying and I think I need more practice at this HarmAn Day.


It was supposed to be a day of starting a new project. It is creating another WIP. I sat outside on Saturday at Cranberry Cottage in the evening to start this little sampler.

I was very distracted by the butterflies fluttering all about me. Our Buddleia or butterfly bush is right beside my chair on the terrace. I was enjoying 5 species of butterflies drinking happily among the flowers and landing frequently on our table.

But stitch I did and before I knew it, I was addicted to this little sampler and could not put it down.

I bought a frame in a shop in the village of Staphorst where we stopped on the way to the cottage. I always have luck finding frames there and did once again. So it is not only stitched but framed and ready for Jos to hang it for me on my sampler wall in our bedroom.

So it is back to another of my previous WIPs to hopefully create another finish before the summer is over...

16 comments:

staci said...

You've had a very productive HarmAn day...congrats on a wonderful finish! Looking forward to seeing what your next new start will be :)

Tammy said...

I love this little sampler Heidi, very nice with the perfect frame!
What a great place to stitch too among the butterflys.
Hugs2u!

Kaaren said...

It's wonderful, Heidi and the frame is perfect.

A sampler wall in your bedroom? I would have sweet dreams for the rest of my life!

My purple buddliea is just now coming into bloom but once it starts it doesn't stop until late fall.

Pondside said...

Well that was a great start to your HarmAn days! It must be a record for 'finished and framed'.

Marjorie said...

Are you sure you're doing the HarmAn thing correctly? I thought the idea was to put a few dozen stitches into something then immediately start another new project...

Margaret said...

Congrats on your HarmAn start/finish. What a pretty sampler it is Heidi and a great frame to match. Like you I just can't quite get the hang of this 'few stitches' thing so for now HarmAn start or not - I'm continuing on with Gingerbread Cottage.

What a lovely sight those butterflies are on the pretty buddleia. Must have been fun stitching at the cottage.

Carolien said...

What a lovely little sampler, Heidi!

Hugs, Carolien

Nancy said...

That was fast, and boy did it come out cute in that frame. I love it.
You really stitched that up in no
time, so what's next?
The train was good and got in ten
minutes early. I will try to be on
skype tomorrow.
Love you, Mom
Wonderful buff flies too. LOL
In honor of Zoe

Linda said...

I love this sampler and that is a perfect frame. Sounds like you had a lovely day stitching and being surrounded by all the butterflies...time flies when you are doing something you enjoy...hugs, Linda

Roberta said...

Hi Heidi, hope you are well, I am in catch up mode once again.

Love the little sampler you stitched and the frame is perfect.

The butterflies are wonderful - my butterfly bush is by the kitchen window and between the butterflies and the hummingbirds, our cats are well entertained.

With fibers in hand -- Roberta

angelasweby said...

Heidi,
This is beautiful. You've finished it really quickly. I love the 3D effect the frame has. It seems to draw you in. The colours are lovely.
Hugs Angela

Sonja said...

Wow, wat een mooi werk heb je gemaakt. En zelfs al ingelijst! En wat een mooie foto's van de vlinders. Wordt je volgende HarmAn een butterfly stitch? Liefs Son

Lynne said...

Wow great to finish something. It's a lovely sampler. The HarmAn Day sounds a fun idea.
Lovely to have the butterflys for company.

Saskia said...

hi,
Happy,happy,happy......
I'm sending this from my laptop!!
It worked, the 'thingie' helped me set it up.
so now on my sofa downstairs, I can work on my new computer.
Give Jos a big hug from me!
Saskia

Anonymous said...

Wat mooi geworden. En zo'n lijst maakt het helemaal af.

Die vlinders geweldig !!

In jullie stad deden veel mee aan het vlinderproject dus jullie boffen maar met zoveel.

MM

Brigitte said...

What a productive weekend this must have been. I love your little sampler in its beautiful frame - perfect!
Aren't butterfly bushes wonderful? We have several of them in the garden in different colours and the butterflies love them even more than I do, lol. Great photos.