"Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing"
~Author Unknown

Saturday, March 24, 2012

An Easter themed SAL Day...

Why Easter themed? Because Peter Cottontail came along and presided over the table...

Each time Bep comes for our stitch-along day, I give her a table present. This time I set the table with a yellow tablerunner and my cabbage leaf plates. This sweet bunny and a pretty green glass for her garden table were awaiting Bep. She surprised me with a pretty garden pot filled with tiny wood violets. I just love it and it looks perfect out on my garden table. Thanks Bep!


But we were here to work too! First we worked on a wedding quilt that Bep is making but since it is a surprise, I cannot show it that. She asked me to show her how I attach binding to a quilt. By lunchtime, it was on and she simply had to sew the back at home.

We enjoyed coffee and a lemon cream muffin. Then we got our stitching for the strawberry pincushions cut and interfacing ironed  on. We picked out little beads to sew on before we put them together. Funny but when you start to pick out beads, you can end up with ones that you totally do not expect to want to use. We both decided on our beads and are sewing them on now.  Sewing the pincushions will wait until the next SAL...


But that table was calling so we toasted to our lunch and friendship with a glass of Chardonnay and tucked in...


The theme was appetizers and finger foods...


Bep prepared Belgian endive leaves filled with scrambled eggs with red peppers and onion, mini pizzas and boiled eggs with anchovies on toast. I made real tartar sauce with English cod nuggets, grilled herb tomatoes and deviled eggs.

I am already looking forward to our next SAL day. *sigh*

17 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a fabulous day for you both.

Rowan said...

Bep must have loved her gifts, Peter Cottontail is sweet. Those lemon cream muffins sound great too - I have a very sweet tooth:)

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely way to spend the day.

Christine said...

That sounds like a perfect day

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your SAL days are always such a wonderful occasion! I love seeing what you're working on, how your table is set, and what you're eating!

Anonymous said...

I want to join in! Sounds so nice to share your special friendship.

barbara said...

Your gatherings are just the BEST! Wish I could've been there!

Nancy said...

Everything looks so nice. I think I would pass on the anchovies though.
Love the bunny. Not long till you celebrate your 25th wedding anniversary. You should post one of your merry go round wedding pictures.
They were so neat.
Love you, Mom

Anne said...

Sounds like an amazing day!! I love the finger foods and the Chardonnay bit :D

garden2day said...

Such lovely decorations and lovely food and great times. Just perfect!

Deborah said...

I look forward to seeing the strawberries finished. Your snacks and appetizers looked so yummy.

Lida said...

Zo jullie hebben elkaar verwend en genoten van een heerlijke dag samen! Exht heel leuk en lief en die heerlijke voorjaarskleurtjes! genieten! Groetjes
Lida

Penny said...

I would love to have a day like that! Sounds like so much fun. :) The food looks delicious and has made me hungry.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your prayers. I must have got some nasty bug because the healing process is very slow, but I am better. I think I let it go too long before doing something about it. I kept thinking it would go away. Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day you and Bep had and such nice gifts you exchanged. Look forward to seeing the quilt and strawberries.

Enjoy your week Heidi.

Hugs
Hazel c (uk)

angelasweby said...

What a lovely day you and Bep shared, Heidi. The little gifts are perfect and full of the promise of Spring although, after today, it feels more like Summer than Spring! I adore the little rabbit. My passion for rabbits increases the closer to Easter we get :-)
Your finger foods look delicious. Can't wait to see the quilt :-)
Angela xx

Catherine said...

Sounds and looks like a perfectly wonderful day!