"Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing"
~Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DagiLuv - cat sampler wall

Hurrah...another finish...another UFO crossed off my list...


DagiLuv is framed and hanging on the cat sampler wall as of today! I had started this project back at the beginning of 2011 with the idea of stitching all 10 of the patterns from The Goode Housewife in that same year and a further 2 cat patterns. That was a bit over ambitious so I am pacing myself with the idea of finishing the wall in 2013. So my UFO goal for this year is to stitch a further 4 of the samplers. This sampler brought my total up to 6.


I christened this sampler called MayBelle by the designer as DagiLuv. If you remember, I am changing the colors of the cats to look like Dagi, our beloved four footer. The cat was stitched in DMC 3782 and 3790. I also used colors 830 and 834 which are the advised colors but changed to 3776 since I had it in my stash and 844 as I felt the dark grey color would look nicer with the frame since it was black. Black would have been too heavy with the thread color.


I found a perfect square frame again so did a little rework on hanging them and now can on kitting up a square design again. I was so happy to find this one as it is the bronze color which I am using here and there to ensure the look of the sampler wall is not too heavy. And can you spy my little addition? I added a springerle cookie mold that I bought years ago in The Alsace, France. I could not resist as it comes out so nicely between all the needlework while it did not show up as well with my speculaas cookie form collection being small.

Do you remember this pincushion from my old blog?

IMG_3076

It has been featured on Ashlie's blog for her Truly Talented Tutorial Thursdays. I was really honored that she included it. You can see it here and follow the photo to link to my tutorial on NeedleNecessities.

29 comments:

Willy said...

Wat staat dat leuk met al die poezen borduurwerkjes. Je hebt al een hele wand vol.
Leuk dat je speldenkussentje in de picture staat. Hij past goed in het rijtje van de paddenstoelen op dat blog. Leuke site trouwens.
Lieve groet,

the striped rose said...

The cat wall is looking lovely!

Maggie said...

Another great finish Heidi, and your cat sampler wall is looking lovely:-)

Deborah said...

Dagi's wall is looking wonderful. Great new finish!

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations on another beautiful finish to add to your wall.

Jenny said...

Woot another finish and addition to the Dagi wall. This one turned out so great and I am sure Dagi is so proud and honored to have not one but six samplers to his name...grins...Patchie is tapping me on the shoulder as I type this and reminding me that I should put away my Amish sampler and start her wall....NOW!!!!!! She says she would be happy with just one....something little....not to much trouble...if I can...grins...Hugs from CA. my friend.

Catherine said...

Wow! Your Dagi wall looks great! The latest finish is so cute. Congrats on being in the magazine!

Ginny said...

Love your latest finish!

garden2day said...

All of your projects are beautiful and so are the frames. Dagi must feel so honored.

Marsha said...

Dsgi should be so proud. This one is bold and colorful. Really like it.

Lida said...

Love the finished embroidery and your wall looks fantastic! Greetings
Lida

Anneke said...

wat een leuk katten-borduur-stilleven zo aan de muur; mét koekjesvorm. Erg leuk!

Chris said...

Wonderful finish! I think the colors are great! I am loving your cat wall too.

Anonymous said...

The Dagi wall is so wonderful and the cookie mold is a perfect addition.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Weer een project klaar, heel leuk geworden hoor Heidi. Enne je paddestoel doet het goed tussen zijn broertjes en zusjes.
Liefs en huygies, Bep.

Nancy said...

That wall is coming along very nicely. That is very nice that your pin cushion is featured on another blog. It is really cute.
Keep stitching, (and making lace, and crocheting and quilting and cooking, are you tired yet???
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello

I love your finish! Your sampler wall is looking fabulous.

Julie said...

Beautiful finishes, perfect frame for it.

Tammy said...

Another great finish Heidi! Really love the sampler wall, you are so clever!
Hugs and groetjes :)
Tam

Christine said...

I love the new Dagi sampler and they look wonderful together on the wall

Hazel said...

Your wall is coming along perfectly. Another great finish. x

Anonymous said...

I love your latest cat sampler and the name is just perfect for your dear Dagi.

The wall is looking great.

Love
Hazel c (uk)

Barb said...

Heidi oh my oh my what a wonderful cat wall. The dancing shoes are on and as stately as a galleon I will sail across the floor!!!
I did send you a comment earlier in the week but I forgot I have to have the confuser thingy on Chrome or I cannot leave a comment.
Hugs

Rowan said...

DagiLuv looks really good, another great addition to your cat wall.

Jantine said...

Je muur wordt prachtig! Leuk dat speldenkussen en wat leuk dat je zo op het www mocht verschijnen!

Miss LindaLee said...

Oh my goodness Heidi! I found your blog through another lady, Millie, that visited and joined my blog today. I love your newsy and bright blog. Very welcoming and I'm sure I'll be back often. Beautiful needlework also. Keep it up girlfriend. Please jump on over and visit me at Crossn My Stitches.

barbara said...

<3

LOVE your Dagi wall!

blue star stitcher said...

I love your wall of cats. I have a bunch of dog charts (mostly Lizzie Kates) and I have always wanted to do the same sort of thing for my pups.

Kathy Ellen said...

Dagi must feel really special that you have re-created this wonderful design with his colours! Love it, and your "Cat Wall" looks wonderful!