"Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing"
~Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Primitive ornaments SAL - An Elf's Work is Never Done!

The 15th almost passed me by this month as we are home enjoying Jos being home for two weeks vacation. But here is the 10th ornament in the Primitive SAL. Now I have to tell you the story of this little ornament...

I realized on Sunday that I only had a short time and the ornament needed finished. So I ran upstairs and grabbed my graph paper and sat down to think. Immediately, my mother's nickname for me popped into my head. She calls me Miss Pickles The Elf. *grins* I pictured making a skinny Elf who looked great in those green tights. HA...in my dreams right? Well, there is nothing wrong with being a chubby Elf. *wink* So here is my rendition on the old addage "A Elf's (woman's) work is never done."


To print the chart, simply click to enlarge and either copy to an email or Word. I forgot to add that I used Carrie's Threads 'Garnet' for red.

I hope you have as much fun stitching this as I had designing it!


I received this photo from Letty with her The Holly and the Ivy ornament finished and hanging on her cupboard door.

Hetty also has completed four of the ornaments so far. She does not have a blog but I can tell you that these are going to be a new addition to her Christmas things for her first Christmas in her new house.

Hetty's The Holly and the Ivy ornament.

Thanks to both of you for sharing your photos. I enjoyed seeing them. Photos can be emailed to the address on my profile page.

My old blog NeedleNecessities is still available and the Primitive ornaments from January through May can be found there.

Remember...it is never too early to start stitching for the holidays...

19 comments:

Kaaren said...

Another great stitching design, Heidi. Love the little elf!

angelasweby said...

What a sweet little design Heidi and nice that it has a personal meaning to you too :>)
Hugs Angela

Pondside said...

Very cute little Pickle Elf!
You amaze me with the amount you cram into your schedule, Heidi. I'll be taking some stitching on holiday with me next week, but I'll never catch up to you!

Tammy said...

Very cute elf!
All the ornaments look wonderful!
Hugs2u

Saskia said...

well miss pickles, this 'smurf' thinks it's a great stitching. Where do you get the inspiration for new paterns.
Don't have the time to stitch though, I'm working on the charmquilt and babyquilt.
Have a nice vacation with Jos, enjoy the fall.
See you in oktober
Hugs Saskia
ps; rovers tumbnail is gone, so everything is fine now.

mainely stitching said...

Another absolutely delightful pattern, Heidi! Thanks!! :D

Nancy said...

You did great. That is one very cute little elf. Hummmmm, I might even have to consider doing this one. LOL.
Have fun at the cottage this week. I will miss talking to you.
Love you, Mom

Daffycat said...

This one is sooo darling!

Thank you so much Heidi!

Anonymous said...

Een lief patroontje !!

Mijn werk is ook nooit af !!;-))


Deze twee dames zijn zeer trouw in het maken van de ornamentjes, leuk om te zien hé.

marian'ne m

DebbieSFL said...

I haven't started stitching them yet, but I plan on at least one....they are so lovely and simple. Thanks Heidi.

BALLET NEWS said...

I wish I had elves in my house...

Sue said...

That is the most adorable elf. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern. I think many of our mothers give us special nicknames when we are children which stick.

Brigitte said...

I love this one, too. A very cute addition to the others. And I love Hetty's and Letty's version.

Anonymous said...

Leuk Heidi,ook dit patroontje print ik weer,je kan nooit weten de andere heb ik ook.Ouddorp hebben we afgesloten maar volgend seizoen zijn jullie welkom.
geniet van jullie vacantie,het weer kan niet beter.
Ieder krijgt wat hem toekomt toch???
Joke.

MarianneD said...

Wat een lief patroontje weer Heidi!
Geniet je lekker van de vakantie?

anneke said...

I stopped by a few days ago, curious about the new ornament. I loved/love it and I collected it. But now I remember I totally forgot to thank you for it!
So here I am: thanks for the little elf, it's a nice addition to the others. Who knows when I'll be stitching it...

Sonja said...

Heel lief dit kleine dunne elfje. Maar volslanke elfjes zijn ook heel lief!!

Christine said...

Great elf design, Thank you! I love the wreath with the pillows a couple of pots back too

Margaret said...

Your elf is sooo cute Heidi. A wonderful addition to the primitive ornament collection you have created.

Hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying our wonderfully warm autumn.

hugs, Margaret