"Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing"
~Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Needlework 12 Days of Christmas - 12th day...

On the 12th day of Christmas...

...you! Yes...you! I cannot hold a 12 days of Christmas without thinking of how lucky I am to be able to blog and having 'met' you in the process. Back in August 2006, I decided to take the plunge and start blogging. I had no idea if anyone would read it. That blog is now full and I since started anew here. I have been inspired by so many people I have met online. It has been a journey filled with passion for needlework and wanting to share that with others.

I am a very old fashioned girl. I do not take easily to new found trends and appreciate doing things with a tint of days gone by. This is what attracts me to how I try and make my quilts look faded or older while still making it unique. I love stitching samplers. But there are advantages to new things and one is that we have such beautiful patterns available to us online. In November, I came across this sampler and fell in love with it. I decided that I wanted to start stitching it but wanted to wait until the new year to start it. I start it on Monday evening so there is very little progress but I just love these cornflowers. With full excitement, I am looking forward to starting on the letters too. Oh, how I love alphabets on stitching! Here is the link to this sampler. I wonder if anyone else will be tempted? Jenny...you love alphabets too...won't you join me? The only thing better about stitching is stitching along with friends!

Thank you each and every one for taking time from your day to read my blog and share my passion with me. If you have never done so before, why not say hello. I would love to hear from you.

18 comments:

Nancy said...

Well it is a great start to something we can look forward to seeing. You have done a great job of blogging 12 days in a row.
Love you, Mom

Daniƫlle said...

Took a look at the whole pattern, it looks great!! Love your cornflowers, have lots of fun stitching this ABC!! happy sewing, Daniƫlle

Teresa S. said...

I have seen this sampler, Heidi and actually saved the first parts of it. But I am only see the first 3 parts. Is this going to be released monthly on the website? Or am I missing something (that is possible :)?

Christine said...

That is lovely Heidi

Jenny said...

Oh Heidi!!!!!! When I went to the link to check out your new sampler start I absolutely fell in love with it. It actually reached out to me and said " Jenny you just have to stitch me!" ...grins... It is exactly like you said in one of your earlier posts when you stitched the Winter Comes Gently sampler...It touches your heart and you just have to start that first stitch....so you may count me in... I will definitely stitch this sampler along with you. The first 3 parts are already printed, my colors are just about chosen and then I need to pick the linen....my fingers are already tingling to start. So between this sampler, my dad's afghan I am trying to finish and a quilt I started over the New Year weekend, busy will be my middle name and I will be loving it!!!!!!!! I probably won't stitch as quickly as you, but it will be fun to see how we do. Off to find the linen....Hugs from CA.

barbara said...

I just LOVE this new start, Heidi!! And I'm so glad you blog. :) Though I miss seeing you IRL, I will always treasure your blog! :D

DonnaTN said...

I love the blue flowers and can't wait to see your progress. Thanks for a fun 12 days!

Deborah said...

I have so enjoyed your 12 days. I loved all the posts. The new start is lovely. Look forward to your progress.

Pondside said...

Lovely sampler - I'm trying to get the link to have a look at it to see if it's something I could join in on.

angelasweby said...

What a lovely sampler. It is going to look stunning when it's finished. Aren't there some lovely free designs on the internet!!
A really wonderful way to finish your 12 days of Christmas :>)
Angela xx

Susan in SC said...

I've enjoyed your 12 Days Heidi! You are always a source of inspiration!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your new start is beautiful! I think you'll have fun with it.

Brigitte said...

I'm so with what you say about the blogging adventure.
This sampler looks beautiful with its fresh colours and motifs. It will be fun to stitch it.

Teri said...

Love the new project!

Lainey said...

That is a really pretty Sampler Heidi. Look forward to seeing more up-dates.

Elizabethd said...

Heidi, I too love the new sampler. I'm busy doing a farewell one for a friend right now, but might catch up with the 'Bleuets' later.

Susan said...

I love how you find these wonderful patterns available!! This is lovely, I hope I can remember to keep going back to get each part as they become available.

A couple of questions - what size and count fabric to use for this sampler? and how far in from the corner? I need to buy fabric to make this one.

I gave my completed Mary Poppins to my daughter for her birthday...she just loved it and has it proudly on her wall. When she opened it, she was excited that she could remember seeing me working on it.

I got a lovely x-stitch rose bookmark at Christms, which I've completed, just need to add the felt and tassle and it will be done. It was a nice, quick and easy project to do.

Regards,

Marsha said...

this is going to be stunning, but then, I love the color blue. Can't wait to see this one progress.