"Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing"
~Author Unknown

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Needlework 12 Days of Christmas - 9th day...

On the 9th day of Christmas...


...SALing. Now I have stitched along with online friends but for the first time I am am doing a SAL with two of my quilt sisters. We are getting together for a playdate to kick off each pillow of this project so it makes it so much fun! Bep (no blog) and Saskia are ready so we have to set out next date and start on the next section of this pillow Christmas tree. You can read more about it here.

I am using some of the homespun fabrics I bought from my friend's shop which I talked about in this post. I am going to finish each pillow as I go. The trick is getting it filled but not too full so it hangs well when they are all connected. I am anxious to get more of these finished. Shall we set our next playdate Bep and Saskia?

It is never too early to think about Christmas projects. *wink*

14 comments:

Catherine said...

Love it and those skates are way cool!!

Linda said...

This sounds like a fun project. I have so much catching up to do......hope your Christmas was magicial and wishes for a wonderful New Year...hugs, Linda

Nancy said...

Oh gees, it sure is to early for me. This is very cute and you three will be having so much fun doing and planning these little pillows.
The skates must belong to Jos, very cool.
Love Mom

Susan in SC said...

I love these pillows! I can't wait to see them all.

Sue said...

I love your Noel pillow. Very pretty.

DonnaTN said...

Your SAL project is so cute! What a good time you all will have. I can't wait to see your progress.

Christine said...

The pillow is lovely, and that fabric is perfect for the backing

Muggensteekjes said...

Hoi Heidi,
first of all...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
En wat heb ik een hoop bij te lezen bij je, zoveel creativiteit...echt geweldig mooi hoor.
Hopelijk dat we dit jaar ook weer veel moois kunnen maken en laten zien.
Liefs, Ingrid.

Daniƫlle said...

Right you are!! I wish you a Prosperous New Year with lots of happy sewing! XXXD

Mary said...

Love the Noel design. Great finishing.

I've read books by authors in your previous post and really do enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

Hallo Heidi.

Wat heb je een mooie stof voor de achterkant gevonden.
Wanneer gaan wij verder, gisteren???
Liefs en diike hugs, Bep.

Saskia said...

Haha Get the wink *wink*
I will check my agenda and come up with a few day's I can take the day off.
But now your ahead of me. I still have to make a pillow, but can't decide on the fabrics.
Knuffels

Willy said...

Ik vond het al zo'n leuk kussentje, maar zag bij Saskia pas wat de bedoeling ervan is. Dat ziet er erg mooi uit. Een leuk project.

angelasweby said...

What a lovely little festive pillow Heidi,
SAL's are such fun :>)
Angela xx