"Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing"
~Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New month...new goals?

February is here! Now I can happily tell you that I keep to my willpower and did not start anything new over the last few weeks. In fact, I am going to keep it going and finish a project before I start a new project. That will be a guilt free feeling! Just perfect. I am working away on my UFO so stay tuned to see it...

+

In the meantime, I had a number of requests to show my Valentine's tree so I that what better way to announce the winner of heart penny rug candle mat.

The winner is Christine. Please email me with your address so I can get this in the mail to you in the coming days. I would love to make sure you have it in time for Valentine's Day. Congratulations!


My tree is made up of a combination of bought and handmade hearts. Most of them were gifts given to me. I think of the friend who gave me each one as I hang them once again each year. That is what Valentine's Day is all about...remembering how special family and friends are in your life!

17 comments:

barbara said...

I love your heart tree! :D

garden2day said...

It is beautiful!

the striped rose said...

Your heart tree is beautiful!

Anneke said...

I see I'm not the lucky one ;-(
Love the Valentine's tree. It's a nice addition in winter with those lights (and hearts off course).

Julie said...

Love the tree Heidi, how special.

Maggie said...

Beautiful Valentines tree:-)

Congratulations to Christine on a lovely win :-)

Jeanne said...

So cute Heidi- love that lighted Valentine tree! It's not enough I am making Christmas ornaments all year now I need Valentines Day too LOL.

Lida said...

My tree is of Iron and I still have to hang the hearts I received, firts getting over the flu! Greetings
Lida

Christine said...

Thank you Heidi, I'm so excited to have won.
I love your valentine tree, I might have to try something like that myself

Patricia said...

I love the Valentine tree. I'm going to copy your idea for my upcoming Valentine's dinner party. It feally is very pretty.

Unknown said...

I love your tree. I decided to not make resolutions this year and I've so far spent most of my time dealing with health issues, doctor apts. My goal is to just get through the rest of them, but I am working on cross stitch projects that have been hanging around for years and learning to cook without dairy. My birthday is this month so that is the highlight for me.

Catherine said...

Beautiful tree!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations for sticking to your resolution! Can't wait to see which WIP you finish.

Anonymous said...

Now, I'm going to have to have a Valentine tree! That's so beautiful.
Lillian @ lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Sherry from Alabama said...

Your tree is so pretty! I've been wanting to make one for years but just can't seem to get to it.

Congratulations to Christine for her great win!

Kathy Ellen said...

Love your beautiful Valentine tree, Heidi! Remembering the special family and friends in your life, on Valentine's day is a truly lovely sentiment.

Blessings, dear Heidi!

Jo said...

I love your tree - the lights and the hearts go so well together