"Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing"
~Author Unknown

Friday, February 17, 2012

SALing with Bep!

Once a month, Bep (no blog) and I get together for a day of stitching. Our playdate was this past Wednesday and we had another great day spent together. Lots of stitches are made between our chatter, laughter and tears. This is a special day for us both that we look forward to each month again.


This month, I did not give her a table gift as I had a stitching surprise planned for her gift instead. I had a copy of the pattern we are using to make a strawberry pincushion ready along with a piece of linen and a choice of various variegated threads from Carrie's Creations. Bep choose Harvest and I used Strawberry Sundae. I forgot to take a photo of both of our progress before she left but here is my stitching from that day.....


Look at how neat this gift is wrapped. It has a windmill created by folding the wrapping paper. It was a little gift from Bep for me and I will keep it as a surprise to share with you when I make it. She gave me a necklace kit and I so hope I will be able to figure it out. If not, I will be knocking on your door Bep. *grins* 


Each month, we pick a theme for our lunch and each make a dish. This time we made salads. Bep made a pasta salad.....


I made a Dutch warm dinner salad.....


We had a leisurely lunch with a glass of white wine to take a break from our stitching. I made low fat no bake cookies to enjoy with our coffee. You can find my recipe by clicking here. I sent a little bag of them home with Bep for her to enjoy with her husband that evening with their coffee.


Now we are both looking forward to our next playdate as we are going to sew our strawberry pincushions. These are going to be unusual in their use so come back in March to see how we made them.

I am joining the International Hermit & Stitch weekend as of tonight. Since I am a natural hermit, this will be easy for me. *wink*  One of my projects will be working on my SAL project. If you want to learn more, just click on the button in my sidebar. Happy weekend!

17 comments:

Hazel said...

What a fun playdate! Wish I was closer so I could join in! I think the sal looks great and the food theme is a great idea as well. Happy hermiting this weekend. x

Unknown said...

aahh what a lovely thing to do ;-) Lunch looks lovely to. dee x

Mimi Head said...

What a great idea! And I love it that you had a special lunch for yourselves and the table is set so formally.

Nancy said...

That was a nice gift for Bep and hers to you is in a great package. I love the way they did that. I know you two love getting together and always have fun. Can't wait to see the finishes.
Love you, Mom

Kathy A. said...

Oh what a fun get together. Lovely lunch. Sounds like you two had a very special day. Look forward to seeing your finishes.

Julie said...

A lovely way to spend time with your friend.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a cute project to work on together! I really like that idea. I hope when I retire to be able to do things like that regularly.

barbara said...

You, a hermit?! No way - you are so outgoing and welcoming and generous with your time and talents. :)

Love your SAL date with your friend. :)

Ginny said...

How wonderful to have a special friend to spend time stitching and sharing a great meal with. Can't wait for the post after your March date!

Marsha said...

I love those threads. Very pretty. Can't wait ro see what they become.

Lunch is making me hungry.

Rowan said...

A nice way to spend a day with a friend - your stitching is beautiful.
I like the sound of the strawberry pincushion, it will be intriguing to discover what you are going to do with them:)

Anonymous said...

I think the fact that there are just two people participating makes it extra-special. I love the whole idea of the stitching time, gifts, lunch.
Lillian @ lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Catherine said...

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful time!

Christine said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend a day. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished strawberry

DonnaTN said...

You two must have had so much fun! I can't wait to see your finished strawberries. Your colors and your salads look luscious. Have a wonderful weekend stitching.

Sonja said...

looks like a great afternoon for you and Bep!!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, het is leuk om onze dag opnieuw te beleven door al die foto's.
Hopelijk lukt het je de ketting te maken!!

Liefs en huygs, Bep.